Friday, May 9, 2014

Well, the most exciting part of today was...I GOT NEW JEANS!!! Yep, I'm pretty excited about that. If you saw my Facebook post last night, then you know I was whining that I need a makeover. Or as my good friend Janice said "I need a What-Not-To-Wear makeover"! I was down to one pair of "mom" jeans. And Mom jeans are just not as cool when you ARE the mom. Oh, and I ordered a FitBit. I have said for years that if I just had one of those arm thingies like they have on The Biggest Loser then I would automatically lose weight. I'll let you know how this works out.


Some things The Lord is teaching me:

*Trust...in His timing, in His will, in all aspects of my life. Not gonna lie, this is tough. I am a "fixer". When someone shares a problem with me, I am about 3 steps ahead trying to make it right. It's not always my job to fix things OR people.

*Don't be quick to judge. This one is hard to admit that I still struggle with. I like to come across as open minded and always seeing the good, but I know for a fact that I have missed out on some great moments because I was quick to decide that something wasn't for me. Lord, let me see with your eyes.


There are many others, but since I flat out admitted that I am stumbling over these I think I will concentrate on these two.
Specific prayer needs:

1. Angela ~ the doctors only know what our Father shows them. I am believing that He will show them what COMPLETE healing looks like!
2. Daddy ~ he is continuing Chemo and has scans next week.
3. Jana Lee ~ Order her steps and prepare the hearts of everyone she will come in contact with in Zambia
4. Me ~ He knows my hearts desires.

Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite! (that last part is really gross!)

No comments:

Post a Comment